CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2021-2022: Changes in Syllabus and Exam Pattern Explained for Term 1 & 2
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) proclaimed the two-exam policy for Board categories. This year is going to be divided into 2 terms. Board exams are going to be conducted at the end of every term. Check the total info and necessary resources to arrange the correct study set up for CBSE class10 Board Exams 2021-2022.
CBSE class 10th Board education 2021-2022: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced a replacement assessment theme for sophistication of class 10th students for this year 2021-2022. In keeping with the new education policy, the complete year is going to be divided into 2 terms and therefore the board can conduct 2 exams, one at the end of every term.
Now, the scholars of CBSE class 10th have to perceive the changes created to educational terms, syllabus, examination schedule and paper pattern for Board education 2021-2022. Let us discuss some important points for the clear understanding and preparations for Term 1 and Term 2 Exams.
Rationalised curriculum for CBSE class 10th Board examination 2021-2022
- The CBSE might not eliminate any portion from class 10 curriculum that was discharged in March 2021.
- However, the board can unleash the rationalised curriculum for Term 1 and Term 2 supported that the exams are going to be conducted at the end of every term.
- Students will need to study 50-50 % curriculum for each term.
- Board can conduct CBSE class 10th Board Exams at the end of every term on the idea of the divided curriculum solely.
Evaluation Criteria for Term one & Term two
- Not like the previous years, there’ll be no year-end exam.
- This assessment theme is comparable to the semester-based system.
- 2 separate exams are going to be conducted at the end of every Term, 1 and 2.
- Results of each exam can contribute to the final score of the student.
- Marks of Internal Assessment are going to be in the similar manner as was carried out the previous years.
- Board might unleash new pointers to bring transparency within the whole method of internal assessment conducted by the faculties.
Pattern of Term one & Term two Exams and Question Paper Format
CBSE Class 10th Term 1 Board education 2021-2022
Objective kind Exam: Question paper can have multiple choice questions (MCQ) as well as case-based MCQs and MCQs on assertion-reasoning kind.
Exam duration: 90 minutes
Question papers will consist of 50% of the complete curriculum.
CBSE Class 10th Term 2 Board education 2021-2022
Descriptive kind Exam: Question paper can have questions of various formats (case-based/ situation based mostly, open ended- short answer/ long answer type).
Exam duration: 2 hours
Question papers will be having the remaining 50% of the curriculum.
The Board has pre-determined another assessment policy for Term 2, just in case the situation isn’t contributing for traditional descriptive examination at the end of Term 2 then a 90-minute MCQ based exam is going to be conducted just like the Term 1 examination.
CBSE class10 Term one examination going to be control in November-December 2021
CBSE class10 Term two examination going to be unionized in March-April 2022.
Alternatives for Term one and Term two examination for worst-case eventualities
In order to avoid any interruption in the process of evaluation for CBSE class 10th , the board has concerned 4 more methods of evaluation these are:
(i) Just in case each the term-end exams conducted with success at schools then the ultimate theory marks are going to be distributed equally between the 2 exams.
(ii) Just in case the pandemic forces an entire closure of faculties throughout November-December 2021 and therefore the Term one exams don’t seem to be conducted in schools however the Term II exams conducted with success at CBSE centres, then the Term I exams are going to be conducted online or offline mode from the residence of the scholars.
In this case, the weightage of Term 1 examination for the final score would be reduced, and weightage of Term 2 exams are going to be increased for declaration of the CBSE class10 conclusion.
(iii) In associate opposite state of affairs, wherever the Term one exams are control physically however Term 2 exams don’t seem to be, the results are going to be based on the performance of scholars in Term 1 exams and internal assessments.
(iv) Just in case each the term-end exams are not conducted at schools/centres then the CBSE class10 Results 2021-2022 are going to be computed on the idea of the inner assessment/practical/project work and theory marks of Term-I and II exams taken by the candidate from home.