IIT Mandi to organise a Summer School on Advanced Lithography and Device Fabrication
It will provide a platform for an in-depth discussion on current technologies, tools, strategies & various challenges as well as their possible remedies that will benefit young minds from academic and R&D institutions
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is organising a first-of-its-kind an eight-day long, ‘Summer School on Advanced Lithography and Device Fabrication: From basics to contemporary methods.’ The course is being offered from 25th June to 2nd July 2019.
Designed especially for Students and Faculty from Engineering institutes / Colleges and practitioners from Industries and R&D institutions, the objective of this eight-day school is to enhance the knowledge of participants in the area of advanced lithography and device fabrication, particularly how lithography technique is used for fabrication of semiconductor devices.
Speaking about the importance of this course, Dr. Subrata Ghosh, Course Coordinator and Associate Professor, School of Basic Sciences, IIT Mandi, said, “This summer school is going to be unique in many aspects. It will focus more on practical demonstration including lithography patterning and device fabrication. In addition to exposure to sophisticated instrumental tools, the participants will get opportunity to do hand-on inside the cleanroom of IIT Mandi. The organizing team includes Prof. Kenneth E. Gonsalves (mentor), Dr. Satinder K. Sharma and Dr. Pradeep Parameswaran (co- convenors)”.
The major topics of discussion in this school will be:
- Photoresists technology: Design, processing and technology
- Lithography processes and tools
- Devices: Fabrication of ICs and VLSI Design principle
Photoresists are the key materials for lithography applications, this school will help participants in getting first-hand knowledge of the resists technology and the current trend.
The subject experts delivering lectures and giving demonstrations in this school are:
- Ananth Venkatesan, IISER Mohali
- Mahadeva Bhat K., GAETEC Hyderabad
- Arpit Saraswat, SCL Mohali
- Kenneth E Gonsalves, IIT Mandi
- Hitesh Shrimali, IIT Mandi
- Satinder Sharma, IIT Mandi
- Prashant Verma, SAC Ahmedabad
- Chandra Shekhar Sharma, IIT Hyderabad
- Manoj Wadhwa, SCL Mohali, Group Head VMFG (FAB Line)
- Siva Penmetsa, Technology Manager, CeNSE, IISC Bangalore
- Chiranjeevi Lakavath, STAR-C, Bangalore
- Yatish Pandey, STAR-C, Bangalore
The Summer School on Advanced Lithography and Device Fabrication aims to provide a platform not only for listening to lectures but to ensure intense interaction with the experts. All the participants will be provided hands-on training on basic lithography technology and device fabrication. The participants will be given exposure to many state-of-the-art instrumental techniques and demonstrations/hands-on training.
Primarily these demonstrations include:
- 1 – 2 hours demonstration on imaging using Field-Emission Scanning Microscope (FESEM) and Helium-ion Beam Lithography (HIBL)
- Demonstration on X-ray photo-electron spectroscopy (XPS)
- Demonstration on thin film formation using spin-coater and characterization
- Demonstration on optical lithography (both 365nm &248 nm)
- Demonstration on electron beam lithography (EBL)
- Demonstration of 100 clean room facility
This summer school will provide a platform for an in-depth discussion on the current technologies, tools, strategies and various challenges as well as their possible remedies which will benefit young minds from academic and R&D institutions. All the participants will get an opportunity to interact with the speakers/instructors closely. Various discussions on, ‘How the advancement in the area of Advanced Lithography will meet the national strategic needs as well as improve country’s economy with the creation of many jobs’, will also take place during this course.
About Summer School on Advanced Lithography and Device Fabrication
Summer School on Advanced Lithography and Device Fabrication is a unique program, with respect to the technical discussions with hands-on training on resists technology and its application for device fabrication. This school is a part of an ongoing project on, ‘Indigenous resists technology’ funded jointly by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Semi-Conductor Laboratory (SCL),Mohali under the Uchhatar Avishkar Yojana (UAY) scheme – an initiative under the ‘Make-in-India’ program.